Tuesday, March 19, 2013

18 and 11 March 2013


11 March 2013

Letter to all:

Well my new companion came, Elder Vuksanovich from Argentina.  He´s 23 and has been a member for 12 years.  He has 6 weeks more than me in the mission, and we are both senior companions.  I didn´t know both companions could be senior.  He´s white short and a little chubby, I don’t know how but all of the Latinos get fatter here and all of the gringos get skinnier.  

This week we found 2 very positive families so we´ll see what happens with them. They seem very interested.  We are starting to drop a lot of investigators because they don´t come to church.  Again no one came to church, a little frustrating.  I have to study and teach better so they can understand how it will bless and change their life if they come to church.  Anyone have any suggestions?  

Right now we are focusing 100% on families, looking for a prepared family to baptize in this change.

We have an investigator ready for baptism; she passed the interview and everything.  The only problem is it’s hard for her to talk to her mom that she wants to be baptized, but she is 18 and it’s her decision.  So hopefully she can have the faith to speak openly with her mother.  I shared D&C 84:85 with her.

Elder Willden

 Elder Vuksanovich


18 March 2013

Letter to all:

The other day we went to visit a family and they weren’t there. Then I felt prompted that we needed to visit this other family a couple of minutes away.  We went and were able to teach the wife and at the end of the lesson we asked her if she had any questions.  She told us she had a friend who wanted a Book of Mormon and it just so happened to be that in that moment her friend came walking down in the street.  So we talked with her and gave her a Book of Mormon (her name is Maribel) and made an appointment to visit her.  

She wasn't there for the appointment, but the other day we passed by and found her.  She had read to 1 Nephi 10 and had a lot of questions.  She was even reading in the dictionary in the back!  Amazing to find an investigator like this!  Sadly the husband is a drunk so we have a lot of work to do with them but she seems very positive.  I know the spirit guided me to find her for a reason.  It reminds me of the experience I had in my last area with Franklin.  It reminds me of a scripture in 1 Nephi 16:29.  The Spirit truly can guide us by small means; I related the liahona to the spirit in the whole chapter.

I’m starting to read to Book of Mormon all over again, the fourth time in the mission and I always love reading it!  It's the most important book to study, above all others.

This week was another tough one but we found 5 new families this week, so this coming week should be a good one, we'll make it a good one!  It's getting hot here!

Oh and some good news we are going to have a baptism the 30th of March. Katherine. She is awesome but her mom wasn’t letting her get baptized even though she's 18.  We talked openly with the mom and she had a lot of doubts and my companion was getting frustrated.  Then I just said to her mom, Katherine took all we have taught to her and she asked God about it, and God answered her with a dream and told her that this is the path she needs to follow.  The mom stayed quiet then said, "If she thinks she's ready then she can get baptized."  Then we told Katherine to pray about getting baptized the 30th.  She had another dream affirming that she needs to be baptized.  All of my time I have been teaching her and finally she getting baptized!!  I am excited; I think she'll be a missionary someday soon.

Well that's all for this week.

Elder Willden

Oh P.S to the letter

I forgot to talk about the temple dedication of the Tegucigalpa, Honduras temple.  We got to watch it here in the chapel, it was a great experience!  The prayer by President Ucthdorf was touching.  They also talked a little bit about Nicaragua which made me excited that the first presidency has Nicaragua on their minds.  I hope I can be here when they announce a temple for Nicaragua


 Tegucigalpa, Honduras Temple Dedication


 Reminds me of a movie - Cocoon!   




No comments:

Post a Comment