Sunday, May 27, 2012

25 May 2012


25 May 2012
Letter to family and friends:

The MTC is great; the days are going by much faster now than before.  The language is coming along yet I still find it difficult the fully teach what I desire to teach to my ''investigators"/teachers.  One investigator we are done meeting with and now we have another who we just committed to baptism and we'll get another one next week to teach.

My companion Elder Valdez and I get along well he's going to Panama, we are both into cars so that's good, and he's from Texas so that's always a plus.  The other companions in my district are great as well, we all get along very well with each other.  Elder Anderson is leaving on Tuesday though; he'll be going to the Spain MTC.  Most likely I'll be in a trio since he's leaving which I’m excited to have a trio.

The food in the MTC is just okay, I eat as much as I want because I figure that I'll lose it all anyway when I get to Nicaragua.  All of the Elders and Sisters in my Zone are great!  The branch presidency is great also.  Every time we see President Tyler he will teach us something great.  Just the other day he taught us about commandments and that “commandments” in Hebrew means a pattern, and to keep commandments, “keep” means to build a wall around.  So we need to build walls around the commandments and keep them sacred and they are something we want to protect.  It would be nice to study Hebrew and 1800 English so I can better understand the meaning of the scriptures, the scriptures come alive when you know the meanings of certain words.

I can't wait to get out there in the field!
Thank you all for your prayers and support!

-Elder Willden

No comments:

Post a Comment