Sunday, October 14, 2012

Two Gringos Together!


Hello to Elder Willden's new companion and goodbye to his first.

8 October 2012
Letter to All:

So I got my new companion my ''son'' as they say.  His name is Elder Wheeler, from Idaho.  He used to play football and is 19 years old.  He doesn´t know much about Spanish...  So I´ll be doing all the talking for a while until he starts getting the hang of the language.  Luckily I feel fairly comfortable with the language and feel that I’m fairly fluent in Spanish.  But I was surprised when I found out he was a gringo.  It'll be tough I’m not going to lie; I have to take the lead in everything now.  The lord wants this for me, it will stretch me to be a better missionary, to work harder, talk more, contact more, baptize more.  I feel I will learn a lot with this teaching opportunity.

This Priesthood Session during conference was amazing, Elder Ucthdorf's talk was great, he talked about what a  great blessing it is to have the priesthood to bless the lives of others.  And the day after I heard his talk I was blessed to give or participate in 5 blessings on Sunday.  The first 2 were sick children of one the sisters in the ward.  Then later I felt that we should go to a certain less actives house.

We showed up and they are watching TV and not listening to us, only the mom listened.  It was a little awkward at first but then she asked us if we could bless her sick child.  We blessed him in the other room, and gave a blessing of comfort to the mother after, and blessed another sick person in the house.  The house was calm after that and the spirit was present.  The power of God changed the environment of the house into one of peace and love.  I felt the Spirit very strong there.  Then I began to teach the family about the sacrament and how important it should be in their lives. Then I felt prompted to share the story of the wise man and foolish man and to tell them that if their family strives to build upon Christ, our rock and redeemer that they will never fall no matter what trials they face.  It was a great experience to feel the power of God flowing through me to help and bless the members of this household.  The priesthood power is real and all worthy men should bear it and constantly look for ways to bless others because there are many who need help in these days.

I am so grateful and blessed to be a missionary of god and hold the priesthood.

Have a great week!

Elder Willden


Don't you just love Jonathan's Smiles?

No comments:

Post a Comment